top of page
  • Writer's pictureMrs Helen Hughes (May 1941)

1924: Building progress

During 1924 more rapid progress was made on the building. The first section completed consisted of the A and B blocks which were furnished and occupied before the Library and C block were ready for use.

At the end of May Term GE Grieve, EH Wright, and DH Jones went down with the good wishes of the House.

The time had come when the close association with Cheshunt College was to be severed. It had been a very happy and friendly arrangement but the ties were loosened by the removal of the Principal and his family to 32 Jesus Lane, the giving up of 2 Brookside as Wesley House and the placing of some men in lodgings in October.


bottom of page